Back then this client was a relatively small exploration company, with large ambitions for success. Recently, this client was globally recognized as the “Best Emerging Company” at the Diggers and Dealers forum in Kalgoorlie.
Successful growth requires a well-thought-out, flexible and scalable, IT strategy. Qbit recognized and factored in the client’s ambitions from the start and was dynamic enough to bend and flex with the rapid changes happening at their company.
What has emerged from the last 2 years is a very strong & beneficial partnership between our 2 companies.
When this client hit the mother lode up in the Pilbara, they needed to rapidly deploy remote site operations. Communications and Data are the core deliverables to ensure operational efficiency, safety, and real-time data.
When setting up a shop in the middle of nowhere, location and environmental factors can seriously limit and affect your options. Obit partners with several communications and data providers that service remote regions of Australia. We have deployed comms to many remote locations, allowing us to quickly take the following steps.
- Assess and map nearby comms and connectivity infrastructure, and quickly evaluate suitability for their company’s immediate needs.
- Research options to address short-term requirements for immediate deployment – 4G / Satellite NBN / SDWAN / Bonded 4G
- Investigate timeline, and create a project plan for addressing long-term requirements – Microwave / Fibre / Onsite Wi-fi Network /Point to Point
- Deployment of VOIP (3CX) solution (Head office and Onsite)
- Deployment of ruggedized tablets and equipment.
The rapid deployment of effective solutions allowed this client to get on the ground quickly, and scale accordingly as their operation grew. Some of the benefits include:
- Improved data & communications have increased efficiencies in uploading geological drilling data to the head office, as well as 3rd Party stakeholders.
- Access to corporate systems, documents, and infrastructure has improved workflows and onsite efficiency.
- Increased safety protocols
- With improved communications, increased ability to provide timely IT support to various IT equipment remotely.