There are so many ways that your company can be breached. However, the most common ones all involve getting your hard-working staff to let them in. Keeping security at the forefront of their minds with short regular training videos and questionnaires will surely make your business harder to penetrate.
Cyber Security Awareness TrainingQbit can help educate employees, using simulated phishing attacks and security awareness programs.
Training staff to recognise cyber security threats is highly recommended by the Australian Goverment and is important for several reasons:
- First line of defense: Staff members are often the first line of defence against cyber attacks. By training them to recognise potential threats through cyber security awareness training, they can take action to prevent or mitigate an attack before it causes significant damage.
- Risk reduction: Cybersecurity threats are constantly evolving, and it’s essential for staff to be aware of the latest tactics and techniques used by cybercriminals. Training can help reduce the risk of a successful attack by teaching staff how to identify and respond to potential threats.
- Compliance: Many industries are subject to strict regulations regarding data security, such as HIPAA and PCI-DSS. Training staff on cyber security can help ensure compliance with these regulations and avoid penalties.
- Business continuity: Cyber attacks can disrupt operations and harm a company’s reputation. By training staff to recognise and respond to threats, a company can minimise the impact of an attack and ensure business continuity.
- Cost savings: Training staff can be less expensive than other forms of cybersecurity, such as purchasing and maintaining expensive software. Additionally, a security incident caused by staff unawareness can lead to significant financial losses.
- Empowerment: training staff to recognise and respond to cyber security threats empowers them to take action to protect the organisation, and also can foster a culture of security within the organisation.